2nd Draft guidelines and instructions

posted May 22, 2012, 11:03 AM by Mike Morris   [ updated May 22, 2012, 11:03 AM by Nate Delson ]
Hello section A00 (and B00).

Due this upcoming Friday (5/25/12) at midnight is your 2nd draft of the report.  In brief the guidelines are that you should have as much done on it as is possible at this point in your project, and that means that the only thigns you can NOT do are things relating to the final design.  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY!  Yet even for these sections you should have some idea of what your final design will entail so you should be able to still put in some information relating to these sections and only leave blanks where you absolutely cannot write anything meaningful because you have not made those decisions yet.  In doing this work it will make for much better feedback from the other teams and give you a better final week when you will have to work on finalizing your project and working on the poster. 

The format for which you will be graded will be based on the other teams editing and commenting on your report.  You will get credit for grading the other teams report and this should be done by following the guidelines for report 2 rough draft.  In short, you each should grade in a different color pen (or one use pencil but that isn't preferred) and read the entirety of the report.

SUBMITTING THE REPORT:
-Teams should post their draft on their webpage by the due date
-I will then distribute the reports (electronically) to various teams for them to grade
-When you receive another teams report you will use your class printing account to print a hard copy (ONLY ONE PER TEAM)
-Grade the report
-Turn in the graded copy no later than 12pm on Tuesday May 29th to a box I will have in EBU2-311
-I will hand them back on Thursday and Friday whenever I can see your team.

Any questions please let me know!

Good luck on presentations this week!

~Mike Morris
Comments